Dr Denford joined the Department in 2008 as a military faculty member and then again in 2012 as a civilian after a 24 year career in Army Signals. He holds a PhD in Management from Queen's University (2009), a MBA from RMC (2002) and a B.Eng in Engineering Management from RMC (1992). Dr Denford's interests are in the areas of knowledge and information systems strategy, leadership and innovation.
Dawson, GS, Denford, JS, Williams, C, Preston, D and Desouza, KC. (2017) An Examination of Effective IT Governance in the Public Sector Using the Legal View of Agency Theory. Journal of Management Information Systems, forthcoming.
- Dawson, GS, Denford, JS and Desouza, KC. (2016) Governing Innovation in U.S. State Government: An Ecosystem Perspective. Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 25(4), 299-318.
- Chan, YE, Denford, JS and Jin, JY. (2016) Competing through Knowledge and Information Systems Strategies: A Study of Small and Medium-Sized Firms. Journal of Information and Knowledge Management, 15(3), 1-37.
- Dawson, GS and Denford, JS. (2015) A Playbook for CIO-Led IT Innovation in the Federal Government. Washington, DC: IBM Center for the Business of Government.
- Schobel, KB and Denford, JS. (2013) The Chief Information Officer and Chief Financial Officer Dyad in the Public Sector - How an Effective Relationship Impacts Individual Effectiveness and Strategic Alignment. Journal of Information Systems, 27(1), 261-281.
- Denford, JS. (2013) Building Knowledge: Developing a Knowledge-Based Dynamic Capabilities Typology. Journal of Knowledge Management, 17(2), 195-207.
- Denford, JS and Street, CP. (2013) Dynamic Knowledge Capabilities in Strategic Alliances. Forthcoming in Das, TK (Ed) Managing Knowledge in Strategic Alliances, Info Age Publications, 111-137.
- Alavi, M and Denford, JS. (2011) Knowledge Management: Process, Practice and Web 2.0. Chapter 6 in Easterby-Smith, M and Lyles, MA (Eds) The Blackwell Handbook of Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management, John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 105-124.
- Street, CP and Denford, JS. (2011) Punctuated Equilibrium Theory in IS Research. Chapter 17 in Dwivedi, YK, Wade, M and Schneberger, SL (Eds) Information Systems Theory: Explaining and Predicting Our Digital Society, Springer Science & Business Media, 335-354.
- Denford, JS and Chan, YE. (2011) Knowledge Strategy Typologies: Defining Dimensions and Typologies. Knowledge Management Research and Practice, 9(2), 102-119.