- Multi-Sensor System Integration for vehicle navigation.
- Precise Kinematic Positioning Incorporating INS (Inertial Navigation System) and GPS (Global Positioning System).
- Digital Signal Processing, Adaptive Filtering and Wavelet Multi-resolution Analysis.
- Applied Optimal Estimation, Kalman Filtering and Stochastic modeling of navigation sensor errors.
- Artificial Neural Networks and its application to INS/GPS Integration.
- Structure Health Monitoring and Damage Detection - Utilization of Wavelet Multi-Resolution Analysis and Pattern Recognition.
- Application of Artificial Intelligence in Structural Engineering.
- Next Generation MEMS-based Navigation System for Vehicle and Personal Location and Navigation.
- Multi-sensor Integration using Neuron Computing for Land Vehicle Navigation.
- A Neuro-Wavelet based INS/GPS Integration for precise positioning.
- Stochastic Modeling of Inertial Sensor Errors Using Autoregressive Moving Average Processes.
- The Utilization of Artificial Neural Networks for Modeling Time Dependant Behavior of Concrete and Masonry Structures.
- Intelligent Structural Monitoring and Damage Detection Using Multi-Sensor Wireless Techniques and Utilizing Wavelet Multi-Resolution Analysis.
- NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Donald N. Byers Memorial Killam Prize.
- Killam memorial scholarship.
- Province of Alberta fellowship.