A number of financial aid programmes are available to students pursuing university studies at the RMC of Canada. Please consult the information provided below for more detailed information.
Student Assistance Programmes
- Alberta - Alberta Learning Information Service
- British Columbia - StudentAidBC
- Manitoba - Manitoba Student Aid
- New Brunswick - Student Financial Services (NB)
- Newfoundland - STUDENTAID
- Nova Scotia - Student Assistance
- Ontario - Ontario Student Assistance Program
- Prince Edward Island - Student Financial Services (PEI)
- Québec - Aide financière aux études Québec
- Saskatchewan- Student Financial Assistance (Sask)
- Northwest Territories - Student Financial Assistance (NWT)
- Nunavut Territories - Financial Assistance for Nunavut Students
- Yukon - Student Financial Assistance - SFA
The National Student Loans Service Centre
- Web site
Ontario Student Assistance Programme - OSAP
To apply to the Ontario Student Assistance Programme (OSAP), you must fill out and submit an OSAP Application for Full-Time Students available from the OSAP website.
OSAP is distributed twice a year. In (September) you will receive 60% of your entitlement. In (January) you will receive the remaining 40%.
You can access your OSAP information at the OSAP website.
OSAP Application Process
Information you provide in connection with your OSAP applications is subject to verification and audit by the ministry.
Income is verified with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) (If there is a discrepancy between the incomes you report to OSAP and the information received from the CRA, OSAP will reassess your application).
Continuation of Interest Free Status
If you have previous student loans and you plan to continue your studies but, do not plan on applying for additional student assistance for the upcoming school year, you must ensure your previous loans are placed in interest-free status so that you do not have to repay the loans and interest while you are in school. To maintain interest free status on your loans, you must complete the Continuation of Interest-Free Status/Confirmation of Enrolment form for both the Canada and Ontario portions of your loans. The forms are available from the OSAP website and Financial Aid Offices of postsecondary institutions.
If you have withdrawn from courses since receiving your OSAP funding, and this has resulted in a credit on your student account, RMCC is required to send all/part of the refund to the National Student Loan Centre where it will be applied to your outstanding student loans.
Contact - Financial Aid Officer
- 1-613-541-6000 ext. 6013