Official Book Launch
“Physics at RMC, The First 125 Years. (1876 to 2001)”
By Dr David Baird, Professor Emeritus
Dr. David Baird celebrated the publication of his book, “Physics at RMC, The First 125 Years, 1876 to 2001” on 17 September 2013, with an official presentation at the Senior Staff Mess.
With friends, family, and College faculty and staff in attendance, Dr. Baird presented a copy of his book to RMC’s Principal, Dr. Harry Kowal, and RMC’s Chief Librarian, Ms. Sarah Toomey.
The book was commissioned by the Canadian Association of Physicists and supported by the RMC Club of Canada (Toronto Branch).
The book details the rich history of physics research and education at RMC with accounts of the scientific work of faculty, staff, and cadets.
The book’s narrative focusses on the originality and importance of the scientific work in physics at RMC, but incudes stories of personal courage and humour as well.
More information on the presentation ceremony, as well as the order form for the book, can be found at eVeritas
The Department's activities can be summarized into three areas:
- Undergraduate Education:
- The department offers a variety of Physics and Space Science degree programs within the Faculty of Science.
- Graduate Education (MSc. and PhD.):
- The department offers Masters of Science and Doctoral programs for both Military and Civilian Graduate Students in each of our areas of research.
- Research and Scholarly Activity:
- The department faculty conduct world class research programs within three areas:
The department is located in the Sawyer Building on the campus of the Royal Military College of Canada. The main office is located in Sawyer Building 4311.
Correspondence can be sent to the address listed below, or email enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Physics,
Royal Military College of Canada
PO Box 17000, Station Forces
Kingston, Ontario CANADA
Telephone: 613-541-6000, ext. 6288
Comments or suggestions are welcomed at: email@example.com